Brussels Diplomatic Academy
About the Academy
The Brussels Diplomatic Academy has a clear focus on economic diplomacy and international entrepreneurship. We prepare students for a career in diplomacy and international business. In addition, the Academy offers a comprehensive range of seminars and executive courses to diplomats and business people. The institute is your first point of call for consultancy, research and coaching on all aspects of diplomacy and international business.
The Brussels Diplomatic Academy of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel offers worldwide unique, comprehensive and highly specialized postgraduate certificate programmes for anyone who wishes to develop or further professionalise his or her career in (economic) diplomacy or international business.
Why study at the Brussels Diplomatic Academy?
Our programmes are practically oriented in order to maximize the professional success of our graduates. The programmes’ curriculum has been finetuned with the professional field:
- Belgian Federal Public Service of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation
- Voka (the Flemish employment federation)
- Cercle International Diplomatique et Consulaire (CIDIC, International Circle for Diplomats and Consuls)
- Diplomatic Council. Diplomatic Council is the UN registered think tank for economic diplomacy. The Brussels Diplomatic Academy is their academic partner: .
In the second semester students may choose one of the following options:
- transcontinental study track: study in Washington D.C. and/or Shanghai (option available for the Postgraduate in 'Economic Diplomacy', 'International Trade and Investment' and 'Flagship Programme in Economic Diplomacy and International Business'). This requires additional tuition fee at our partner universities.
Students opting for an internship will be assisted by our Internship Tutor. He helps in writing internship application letters, preparing for the interview, finding suitable internships,…
Postgraduate in Economic Diplomacy
Are you attracted by a career in diplomacy or do you wish to further professionalise your diplomatic career? Do you want to prepare for the diplomatic exam? Then the Postgraduate in Economic Diplomacy is exactly what you are looking for.
Postgraduate in International Trade and Investment
Are you ambitious of an international career? Are you attracted by a job in international business like export manager, international purchasing manager, investment manager, international sales representative, country manager, institutional relation manager? Then the Postgraduate in International Trade and Investment is exactly what you need.
Postgraduate Flagship Programme in Economic Diplomacy and International Business
Do you wish to become a true specialist in economic diplomacy by mastering each and every aspect of this noble discipline? Are you ambitious of taking up policy assignments and do you want to secure your professional chances by establishing the link with international business?
Then the Postgraduate Flagship Programme in Economic Diplomacy and International Business should be your first and only choice.
This programme is an excellent preparation for the diplomatic exam and offers you at the same time all the skills and techniques you need to excel in international business.
Postgraduate in China Business Development
The postgraduate Programme in China Business Development is the most complete programme on doing business with China and will turn you in a true specialist.
- A complete mastery of doing business with China: import, export, portfolio investment, direct investment, auditing, accounting, financial reporting, M&A, intercultural management, Chinese language, China's economy, marketing,…
- A worldwide unique curriculum
- Specialised curriculum of 66 ECTS
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Practical and job oriented programme
- Internship service
- Career service
- Good job perspectives
Consult the programme brochure for more information.
Applications should be submitted online via www.vub.ac.be/english/infofor/prospectivestudents/howenroll.html#pre, the deadline for applications is the 1st of June 2016.
Classes start in September 2016. It is possible to enrol for individual subjects, or a cluster of subjects, without enrolling on the full programme.
Should you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com; we are also happy to meet you (by appointment) to discuss things further.
- 04/10/2016 Diplomatic, Economic and Academic Days, 12-13 October 2016 in Slovakia
- 07/6/2016 Duncan Freeman on CCTV America about 'Market Economy Status '
- 10/5/2016 VUBToday: Onderzoek VUB-professor Peter Claeys pleit voor ‘Eurominister’
- 05/2/2016 Diplomatic, Economic and Academic Days, 10-12 May 2016 in the Netherlands
- 12/10/2015 Diplomatic, Economic and Academic Days, 25th-26th November 2015 in Luxembourg
More information will be available soon. If you wish us to keep you informed on new developments: