You are here
Neurocog ‘12: Consciousness and Cognitive control
Paleis der Academiën - Hertogsstraat 1 - 1000 Brussel
+32-(0)2-629 14 82
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Ghent University, the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and the Research Community ‘Neuroscience in relation to Experimental Psychology’ announce:
NEUROSCIENCE & COGNITION:
Consciousness & Cognitive control
University of Liège (B)
University of Amsterdam (NL)
Columbia University (USA)
Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 (F)
Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière (F)
Brown University (USA)
Université libre de Bruxelles
This conference is organized with the financial support of:
- The Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Science and the Arts (http://www.kvab.be/)
- VISITBRUSSELS (http://visitbrussels.be) 
- The Research Community ‘Neuroscience in relation to Experimental Psychology’ sponsored by the Research Foundation Flanders (http://www.fwo.be/)
Only the organizers of NEUROCOG’12 are responsible for all communications or publications with regards to the conference. VISITBRUSSELS is not responsible for the use that can be made of the information in these communications or publications.
Address: Paleis der Academiën - Hertogsstraat 1 - 1000 Brussel
The prestigious Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and the Arts (KVAB) is the Academy of Flanders, a Royal learned society for promoting science and the arts, both in the academic world as in society. The rooms and auditoria of the Academy are impressive. The venue is very centrally located in the heart of Brussels.
How to get there?
- From the airport: Take the train to Brussels Central Station
- With the train: Brussels Central Station & then take a walk (10 minutes) or Metro (see next item)
- Take the underground walk way on your right (while staying in front of the main announcement panel and ticketing offices - not left which is the exit to the city center)
- Go straight through the shopping mall "Ravenstein", take the steps at the end
- Cross the small street with "Palais des Beaux Arts" at your right, and take the steps at the end
- Cross the street and cross the Park
- The academy is opposite the right exit
- With the metro ( MIVB ) : Metro station Troon
- From Central Station : line 1 or 5 till Kunst-Wet, then line 2 of 6.
- From Nord station : metro Rogier, lin 2 of 6 direction Koning Boudewijn or Simonis (Leopold II).
- From station Midi: line 2 of 6 direction Simonis (Elisabeth)
- By car: At your own risk.
Registration is closed!
Submission is closed!
All information on the poster and oral presentations (poster format, etc.) can be found in the program.
Optionally, you can register for the conference dinner of Monday December 3 (see "Submit)".
The fee for the 3-course dinner is 65 euros (drinks included). You will be able to choose between meat, fish and vegetarian options.
The conference dinner will be held at the beautiful Belga Queen.
The menu is described here. Alternatives are possible for vegetarians.
You will be contacted soon to let us know your choice of Starter, Main course and Dessert.
The conference Hotel is Hotel Bloom! This three-star modern hotel is located at walking distance of the conference venue (1.6 km, see map below).
Hotel Bloom! has agreed to reserve some rooms for our participants against special rates:
- Sunday 2 December 2012 Rate for a single occupied room : 115 Euro, per night
- Sunday 2 December 2012 Rate for a double occupied room : 135 Euro, per night
- Monday 3 December 2012 Rate for a single occupied room : 145 Euro, per night
- Monday 3 December 2012 Rate for a double occupied room : 165 Euro, per night
Above mentioned rates are per room, per night, breakfast, taxes & service included.
Rooms are available upon a first come, first served basis. In order to benefit of these pre-booked arrangements you are advised to return a form completed by November 5th, 2012. After this date, the reservations and the rates will be subject to availability.
To book a room, please fill in the form you can find here and send it to Hotel Bloom! directly by fax or e-mail.
Hotel Bloom !***
Rue Royale 250
T. +32 (0)2 220 66 11
F. +32 (0)2 217 84 44
Van den Bussche Eva (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Van Opstal, Filip (Ghent University)
Verguts, Tom (Ghent University)
Krampe, Ralf (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
Reynvoet, Bert (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Department of Psychology
Phone : +32-(0)2-629 14 82
Fax : +32-(0)2-629 24 89