You are here
Chinese Language Courses by the Confucius Institute at the VUB
+32 (0)2 614 80 85
The Confucius Institute at the Vrij Universiteit Brussels organises Chinese Mandarine language courses at the Brussels Engineering, Sciences & Humanities Campus (Campus Etterbeek). During these language courses:
- the teacher is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- the language of instruction is English.
- the opportunity exists for selected registered students to join a language and culture summer camp in China partially funded by the Confucius Institute.
Times and prices for the separate modules are listed below.
- Beginners Level 1.0* ⎪ Monday 16:00 - 18:30 ⎪ L.2.217 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Beginners Level 1.1 ⎪ Wednesday 17:00 - 20:00 ⎪ D.1.107 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Beginners Level 1.1 *⎪ Thursday 18:00 - 21:00 ⎪ L.2.208 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Beginners Level 1.2 *⎪ Monday 18:00 - 21:00 ⎪ D.1.107 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Beginners Level 1.2 ⎪ Tuesday 10:00 - 13:00 ⎪ D.1.107 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Intermediate Level 2.1** ⎪ Monday 17:00 - 20:00 ⎪ D.1.107 ⎪ 162 EUR
- Conversation table and practice sessions***⎪Friday 12:30 - 14:30 ⎪ PL5.5.61 ⎪ /
* Monday 17 April, Monday 1 May and Thursday 25 May are academic holidays. The classes on these days will be moved to a different moment.
** If you are registering for the first time, pre-assessment through a placement test is advised. Depending on your level, you may be requested to join a different module.
*** Only in combination with a Chinese language module organised by the Confucucius Institute. Free of charge, but registration is required.
VUB students and staff get a reduction of 50% on the tuition fee mentioned above.
The purchase of course books is not included in the tuition fee.
The proposed schedule is subject to change. If the module for which you paid is moved to a different moment, the tuition fee can be refunded.
Enrolment is complete upon:
- settlement of the tuition fee
- receiving the complete and signed enrolment form. The form can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed to the teacher during the first class.
Deadline for enrolment is 6 March 2017.
Check the information brochure for the general conditions and more information on private courses