When disaster strikes, being able to gather specific people, knowledge and material resources at the right places at the right times can make all the difference. The organisation of these resources requires a specific set of knowledge, insight and skills – neither of which is hardly ‘exclusively medical.’ The interuniversity advanced master’s programme in Disaster Medicine provides health professionals with the know-how to provide high-quality medical care in austere environments.Read more
after your education
If you want to continue your academic career, you can apply for a PhD position at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. All you need is a promoter, research subject and sufficient funding. Are you up for this challenge?
As a graduate of the Master in Disaster Medicine you can be assigned to following positions:
- Advisor and/or manager of disaster medical management in local, regional and federal administrations
- Officer responsible for the hospital disaster management
- Advisor and/or manager of disaster medical management in international organizations (UN, WHO, OCHA....)
- Executive officer in non-governmental organizations responsible for disaster medical management
- Responsible staff member for education in disaster medicine in medical schools
- Researcher in the medical aspects of disasters in academic centres
The VUB helps you to make your first step in the job market with workshops, networking events, job fairs, tips ‘n tricks for job interviews. All an ambitious student needs!
Secretariat of the Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
Student Information Hub
Study Guidance Center
Student Administration Center
International Relations and Mobility Office (IRMO)