Extracurricular language courses
You may want to learn or practice some new languages while staying in Belgium.
The courses provided by the language schools listed below are at low cost but not free of charge.
Academic Language Centre (ACTO)
ACTO provides language support at the request of VUB faculties and services:
- Language courses: open offer for students, personnel and other interested parties.
- Language tests: ACTO offers you the possibility to take Dutch (ITNA & CNaVT), English (TOEFL & ITACE) and French (Delf & Dalf) language tests.
- Language courses in faculties: ACTO is responsible for language acquisition courses of the different faculties.
- Revision and translation: staff members, researchers and VUB services can request revision and translation services from ACTO.
- ACTO organizes language support for PhD students and lecturers: language support via the Doctoral School and English for lecturers.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Brussels (CVO)
The Brussels Chamber of Commerce and Industry has been organizing high quality language courses for adults since 1970. You can learn Arabic, Dutch, French, German, English, Italian and Spanish. Day, evening and Saturday classes are available.These courses are NOT free of charge and are NOT eligible for ECTS credits.
Brussels Humanities, Sciences & Engineering Campus:
Building D, Room D 1.33
B- 1050 Brussels
Huis van Het Nederlands (Dutch Language House)
This organization will help you find the Dutch language course that best suits your needs.
Philippe de Champagnestraat 23