Communication Studies: New Media and Society in Europe
The Master of Communication Studies is a one-year (60 ECTS) academic master with a focus on New Media and Society in Europe. This unique English language programme focuses on the rapidly changing field of media and communication in a European context. The programme takes an original interdisciplinary approach and allows students to concentrate on business, policy and/or user aspects of new media. The VUB also offers a second Master option in Communication Studies with a focus on Journalism and Media in Europe.Find out more on approach, admission requirements and tuition fees
after your education
If you want to continue your academic career, you can apply for a PhD position at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. All you need is a promoter, research subject and sufficient funding. Are you up for this challenge?
This master provides you with subject knowledge and analytical skills that will offer you multiple opportunities on the job market. Possible employers are:
- Media companies working at the European level or whose work is influenced by European decision-making
- European institutions working in the field of new media and society
- Lobby organisations trying to influence Europe's innovation and communication policies
- International companies with headquarters is Brussels
Possible jobs are:
- Strategic management positions related to innovation and R&D
- Strategic analyst of European communication markets
- Policy analyst for media and telecommunications companies
- Strategic analyst of user studies for communications companies
- Scientific collaborator or researcher in the area of new media and society in Europe
The VUB helps you to make your first step in the job market with workshops, networking events, job fairs, tips ‘n tricks for job interviews. All an ambitious student needs!